“Significant experience in the renewable energy industry, investments in infrastructure, real estate development, trading and marketing of renewable power as well as asset management and finance benefit our business model.”
Our CEO, Dr Torsten Amelung, studied economics with a focus on finance and energy management as well as business administration with a focus on planning and computer science at the University of Cologne, Germany. He began his professional career in 1985 at the Institute for the World Economy in Kiel, Germany. Thereafter, he gained more than 20 years international experience in the energy sector.
From 1991 to 1998, Torsten held various management positions in strategy, sales, reporting, corporate development, energy policy and communications at RAG Aktiengesellschaft (today Evonik). From 1998 to 2002, Torsten was CEO of TXU Europe Energy Trading GmbH, and from 2001 to 2003 CFO and Chief Operating Officer (“COO”) at Stadtwerke Kiel AG. From 2003 to 2019, he held various positions at Statkraft AS, including: CEO at Statkraft Ventures GmbH, CEO at Statkraft Markets GmbH and Senior Vice President Trading, Origination & Business Development.
Frank Wolf, our CFO, has over 20 years of professional experience in finance and in the renewable energy sector. After completing his training as a bank officer (Bankfachwirt), Frank worked at Deutsche Bank AG from 1988 to 2000, where he held various positions, including customer adviser with commercial power of attorney for medium-sized companies and for company groups.
From 2000 to 2012, Frank was CEO at FWU Payment Services GmbH and CEO at FWU Provisions-Factoring GmbH, both in Munich, Germany, and became 2002 Chairman and CFO of the Management Board at ATLANTICLUX Lebensversicherung S.A., Luxembourg, where he worked until 2012. From 2003 to 2012, and again since 2015 Frank acted as member of the Management Board of FWU AG, Munich. Since 2012, Frank has been the CFO of Green City and also member of the management board of various companies of Green City.
Dr. Torsten Amelung
- Previously various positions at Statkraft AS (2003 – 2019), including: CEO at Statkraft Ventures GmbH and Statkraft Markets Financial Services GmbH
- Former CFO and COO at Stadtwerke Kiel AG (2001 – 2003)
- Various positions at TXU Europe (1998 – 2002)
- Since 2012 CFO of Green City AG
- Since 2015 Member of the Board at FWU AG and previously various other positions (2000 – 2012)
- Previously various positions at Deutsche Bank AG (1988 – 2000)
Our Supervisory Board is chaired by Arwed Fischer with more than 20 years of experience as CEO and/or CFO of several publicly listed companies. Eberhard Holstein and Jens Mühlhaus form together with Mr. Fischer the Supervisory Board.
Mr. Holstein has more than 35 years of experience in the Renewables sector. He also advised the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology (Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Technologie; BMWi). Mr. Mühlhaus is with Green City and Green City e.V. since 1992. In 2010, he became technical managing director and in 2011 member of the management board of Green City.
Chairman of the Supervisory Board
- Supervisory Board member: Deutsche Wohnen SE, Logistrial Real Estate AG and 6B47 Real Estate Investors AG
- Previously CFO at Patrizia Immobilien AG (2008 – 2015)
Dipl.-Ing. Eberhard Holstein
Member of the Supervisory Board
- Advisor to German Government (BMWi)
- Since 2018 CEO at FPE Flowerpower-Energy GmbH
- Previously CEO at Grundgrün Energie GmbH (2011–2016) and Executive Vice President at Digital Energy Solutions GmbH & Co. KG (2016 – 2018)
Member of the Supervisory Board
- Since 2011 CEO of Green City AG
- Supervisory Board Chairman of buergerbau AG
- Member of the Board of the NGO Green City e.V from 1992 – 2010
- Former Member of the City Council of Munich